7 Foods for Healthy, Glowing Skin
Want glowing, younger-looking skin? Some foods have powerhouse ingredients to keep skin smooth and youthful. Try adding these nutrient-dense foods to your diet!
1. Green tea is high on the list of skin-friendly beverages thanks to its impressive storehouse of polyphenols. Aim for 3 cups throughout your day. Also, overweight exercisers burn off 3 more pounds and 7% more belly fat when they drank green tea instead of another beverage with the same calories!
2. Avocados! As a good source of biotin, avocados help to prevent dry skin and brittle hair and nails. When applied topically (as a mask), they can hydrate dry skin.
3. Besides being a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, tomatoes are considered a high-carotenoid fruit. These nutrients may help slow down cellular damage from free radicals. Lycopene-rich tomato paste has been shown to help prevent sunburn when combined with olive oil, daily for ten weeks.
4. Salmon contains astaxanthin, a carotenoid that improves skin elasticity, so you'll have fewer fine lines. Who doesn’t want that?!
5. Give walnuts a try! Looking to add Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet but not a fan of fish? Walnuts are a rich source of Omega-3s, which help put shine in your hair and aid in making skin smoother and younger looking
6. Pomegranates! When applied topically, this antioxidant-rich fruit may help skin create more collagen, while speeding healing.
7. Crack open some eggs! Protein helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. Eggs, a complete source of protein, also contain biotin, an essential vitamin that protects against dry skin.
For more information on what you can do for healthy skin, contact Cole Dermatology & Aesthetic Center!